Ambong Ambong Langkawi Rainforest Retreat: 3D2N Stay for up to 4 People with Breakfast
- Eco-friendly forest retreat is home to wildlife like long-tail macaques, sea eagles, Red Helen butterflies, and more.
- Luxuriate in therapeutic treatments and full body massages at Ishan Malaysian Spa.
- Visit the duty-free shopping malls of Kuah, tour the UNESCO Global Langkawi Geopark, and soak in the sun on the sands of Pantai Tengah.
- Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence 2014 and ranked first out of 79 specialty lodgings in Langkawi.
- Instalment plan available from RM17.08 per week onwards. Click here to see our FAQ.
Normal Price : RM1,440.00
- 3D2N stay for 2 for RM888 (up to RM1,440 value)
- 3D2N stay for 2 + 30-minute massage for RM998 (up to RM1,540 value)
- 3D2N stay for 4 for RM1,498 (up to RM2,390 value)
- 3D2N stay for 4 + 30-minute massage for RM1,718 (up to RM2,490 value)
- 3D2N stay for 2 + 1-hour aromatherapy massage + 1 bottle of sparkling wine for RM1,498 (up to RM2,350 value)
Hotel at a glance
Nestled in the shade of the tropical rainforest, Ambong Ambong Langkawi Rainforest Retreat offers tranquil company in the form of rustling leaves and birdsong, as well as the occasional long-tailed macaque and iridescent butterfly. From its location on the slope of a forested hill, you can look out at the turquoise jewel of the Andaman Sea and the view of the Machinchang Range cutting a jagged line on the horizon.
- The eco-friendly resort is designed to minimise damage to the pristine surroundings; each building is built around the existing trees with lightweight and insulated material to reduce the use of air conditioning.
- Relax and rejuvenate under the care of trained therapists at Ishan Malaysian spa, with Ayurvedic hair treatments, eye masks, and full body massages available.
- Feast on fresh seafood prepared Japanese-style at the award-winning Unkaizen Japanese Restaurant, complemented with a selection of wine and sake.
- Find peace with yoga classes and nature hikes led by experienced instructors.
Langkawi, Malaysia: What to see and do
Taking its inspiration from both the earth and skies, the name ‘Langkawi’ is commonly thought to have arisen due to the profusion of Lang Merah eagles on the island, along with the abundance of marble – kawi in Sanskrit – found within its confines. Having come under both British and Thai rule during its lifetime, the influences of the latter remain apparent in both the local culture, and the cuisine that feeds it. The post-war era saw an influx of pirate activity, with the archipelago’s dense foliage providing nooks and crannies with which to seek refuge.
Legs aside, wanderers traverse the circumference of the island via bicycles, taxis, rented cars, and the occasional water buffalo – emblematic of the idyllic village life that juxtaposes itself against the urban façade of tourist-laden sites. Shopping malls abound in Kuah, amongst other destinations, with the establishment of Langkawi’s duty-free status in 1987.
Cable car rides proffer a glimpse of murky jungles and cascading waterfalls like the Telaga Tujuh in Gunung Mat Cincang, along with the chance to observe a menagerie of flora and fauna within the confines of the UNESCO-declared Geopark, where Palaeozoic sedimentary sequences reveal themselves amongst the agglomeration of mangroves, tidal flats, and estuaries.
Amateur historians revel in the Makam Mahsuri, the tomb of a maiden who cursed the island for seven generations after being executed for infidelity. Evidence of the malediction is said to lie in Padang Matsirat, where burnt grains of rice still reside almost two hundred years after angry villagers led a revolt against the Siamese. Less malicious locales allure from afar; waves ebbing like a heartbeat against the dazzling sands of Pantai Cenang, Pantai Kok, and Pantai Tengah.
- 46 sqm room
- King, double, or 2 single bedding
- Max. occupancy: 2 adults per room
- 106 sqm cottage
- Double or 2 single bedding
- Max. occupancy: 4 adults per room
- 84 sqm room
- King bedding
- Max. occupancy: 2 adults per room
- Outdoor pool
- Free in-room Wi-Fi
- Laundry services
- Safety deposit boxes
- Tour services
Facebook: Ambong Ambong