Local Hotel: 4D3N Private Tour of Darjeeling and Gangtok for 1 or 2 People with Stay in Local Hotel
- Take in sights of snow-capped Himalayan peaks and visit the Ghoom Monastery, Peace Pagoda, Tenzing Rock, Bakthang Falls, Dro-dul Chorten, and more.
- Instalment plan available from RM19 per week onwards. Click here to see our FAQ.
- Travel till Dec 31, 2015.
Private tour + Standard room stay in local hotels
- 4D3N tour for 1 person for RM988 (up to RM1,590 value)
- 4D3N tour for 2 people for RM1,888 (up to RM3,000 value)
4D3N Private Tour of Darjeeling and Gangtok
Flickering in general cognisance through familiar sightings of namesake tea brews, Darjeeling beckons the faring of guests closer into its range while an English-speaking tour guide directs trips throughout the mountain range-crested hill town leading into the fold of Gangtok in Sikkim, with choice stops at various cultural and commercial sites.
- Have yourself whisked to awaiting abodes tucked beyond a ride along vistas brandishing ghostly silhouettes of Mt. Everest and the snow-capped Himalayan backdrop, as well as other famed sightings including the winding carriages of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, famously dubbed the Toy Train.
- Rise to an early start as next-day ventures get cracking with the ascent to Tiger Hill, a vantage point from where early birds bask in the sunrise as daybreak dawns over Mount Kanchenjunga. Later excursions then bring visitors further within Darjeeling’s verdant womb as treks into Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park yield glimpses of native high-altitude wildlife, and tea plantation visits provide fragrant frolicks while the hillside pagoda of Nipponzan Myohoji Buddhist Temple provides bouts of calm and meditation amid the encompassing Kanchenjunga range.
- Stroll into the leisure and commerce centre of Nehru Road, home to the fluttering of shoppers and lounging folks within the Mall in Chowrasta, a crossroads inhabited by buzzing bazaars and youngsters hawking pony rides along with peripheral benches affording intermissions within scenic mountain views.
- Hop past the sprawling Himalayan range and into the concrete and forest patchwork of Gangtok, immersing wandering eyes yet again with picturesque mountain-terrain depictions, from pleasing lower valley vistas to the sweeping wonder of the Siniolchu summit.
- Marvel at the Dro-Dul Chorten, a restful shrine built in 1945 by then Tibetan Buddhist Nyingma sect leader Trulshik Rinpoche. Housing an array of religious artifacts and sacred inscriptions, the stupa is surrounded by a vibrant hued courtyard with passages adorned by rotatable prayer wheels; while walks within the immediate vicinity bring one to the bright white structure of the Jang-Chub Chodten, erected in Rinpoche’s honour.
- Standard room stay at local hotels
- Max. occupancy: 2 adults
- Room size, bedding, and facilities vary from hotel to hotel